httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Guntupalli, Santhi" <santhi.guntupa...@digital.com>
Subject Apache 1.3.9 - HPUX
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:40:42 GMT
Hi,
    I have not got any pointers for my problem mention below. Still i am
waiting for reply. Anybody can suggest solution for me. This is very
critical for us.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
- Santhi

-----Original Message-----
From: Guntupalli, Santhi
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 6:30 PM
To: 'dev@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Apache 1.3.9 - HPUX

Hello,
        I am using Apache 1.3.9  on HPUX 11.11 PA-RISC for our application.
I have built Apache successfully  using "gcc" and installed.

        I have seen one problem in accessing web pages.
        Before htpasswd utility used to give error while creating password
file, this is bug, so i have got fix for this and applied.

        I generate password file using "htpasswd" using
        "htpasswd -c test.passwd tester1"
        The password file is getting generated, when i try to login into
apache using this username/password name "tester1", i am getting error as

        401 authentication fails.
        I have tried with other options also like "-s" and also "-m". but no
use same problem.
        This problem i have seen only on HPUX, because we use apache of same
version on Tru64  Unix and windows. I did not face this authentication
problem.

        For testing purpose i  have generated password file using "htpasswd"
on Thru64 unix and copied the same thing to HPUX.

        Then login works. Is there any problem on apache 1.3.9 with
htpasswd. I have tried with other versions of apache 1.3.3 and apache 1.3.27
but same problem.

        Because i have to use htpasswd utility for my application.
        Anybody has faced this type of problem and solution for this. Please
help me out.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
- Santhi