httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Tikka, Sami" <Sami.Ti...@F-Secure.com>
Subject RE: Global variables in self-written Module for Apache 2
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:02:21 GMT

Yes. On apache running on unix there is a very good chance you are actually
running multiple *processes* and as we remember from university operating
system courses, processes have separate address spaces.

You choices:

1) Run worker mpm configured so it only starts one process. It can be done
but it is not usually recommended because separate processes make for better
stability.

2) Store shared data into shared memory. Look up the apr_shm_* functions in
APR library.