httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: mod_deflate vs mod_gzip
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:56:19 GMT

Hi Henri...
Kevin again...

Willing to try and help, Henri... but you've got to give us
something to go on here.

You are asking for crystal-ball debug.
The job doesn't pay enough for that.

> Peter Cranstone wrote...
>
> What about trying mod_gzip with Apache 2.x?

That would at least tell them SOMETHING.
If even mod_gzip doesn't work then you can turn on
mod_gzip debug and the Apache log will be filled with
more than you ever wanted to know about trying to
perform DCE ( Dynamic Content Encoding ) and what
may or may not be going wrong.

Later...
Kevin