httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <Benedict.DSi...@softwareag.com>
Subject Problem in Apache Output Filters
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 05:24:08 GMT
Hi All,

I am facing a problem with Output Filters.

I have written an output filter which responses an XML file back to the
client.

I have various commands through which I can GET different XML files from
the server to the client.

http://localhost/abc?name=a.xml

http://localhost/abc?name=b.xml

Which ever file I try to GET the first time the Filters works
appropriately.

Now the second time, the filter overwrites the Output of the First
Filter by the Second one, and responds back.

This is creating the problem, since if the First XML file is larger than
the second one, the XML file responded back is not a valid XML file, due
to overlapping of both

The XML files.

When I look into the Apache Access log, I get the error code as 304(File
Not Changed).

The problem is that somehow my filter is caching the responses and
interleaving it when the second response has to be send.

Looking ahead for a helping hand!!

Thanks & Warm Regards,

--BENNY