httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.43 client connection issue with Solaris 8
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 02:36:06 GMT
Naga Bussa wrote:

> I am trying to use Apache 2.0.43 on Solaris 8, the
> installation is
> successful and the Apache starts without any errors.

maybe try something more recent?  there was an APR problem back in that
timeframe that neglected to link in -lpthread when using Sun cc...  various
oddities were possible

> But when I try to connect to the server from a browser
> I get the
> following error in the error_log
>
> [error](13)Permission denied: apr_accept: (client
> socket)

note that build problems on Solaris can result in an app not seeing the
thread-specific errno; if you truss the httpd process do you see the same
errno?  (this probably isn't the issue, but just in case ;) )

> I am not sure if this is because of some file
> permission setting on
> some files in /devices/....... etc.

comp.unix.solaris newsgroup?