httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.49 (rc2) tarballs available
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:31:39 GMT
The Doctor wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 04:04:31PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 07:22:24AM -0700, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>>Failure again on BSD/OS 5.1
>>
>>It seems libtool does not know how to build shared libraries on BSD/OS
>>5.x; try editing srclib/apr/configure and search'n'replace the places
>>where it says "bsdi4" to read "bsdi5".  (this is clearly not a
>>regression since 2.0.48)
>>
>>Using all static modules and libraries might work; try passing
>>--disable-shared to configure.
>>

> We need to replace bsdi4 with bsdi .  That being said, mod_expires tend to
> fail .
>
> Any chance for an rc3?

if libtool-generated segments in configure are incorrect I don't see us
distributing a hacked configure... the s/bsdi4/bsdi/ substitution would be a
local work-around for the libtool issue and a real fix will need to come with a
libtool update

what is the mod_expires issue?  ("mod_expires tend to fail")