httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sumeet Singh <sumeet.si...@openwave.com>
Subject bug in add_any_filter_handle
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:30:27 GMT
Hi all,
    I think I have found a bug in the function add_any_filter_handle in
util_filter.c. The problem occurs when I add a filter at level
AP_FTYPE_PROTOCOL + 5  *before* net_time_filter and ap_http_filter are
added - which are both at levels AP_FTYPE_PROTOCOL. When I do this, I
find that while r->proto_input_filters is setup properly:
(1)net_time_filter->(2)ap_http_filter->(3)My filter. However
r->input_filters points directly to my filter - thus bypassing all other
fiters before it. This is owing to the last two lines in
add_any_filter_handle:

    if (frec->ftype < AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION && (*r_filters == *c_filters)) {
        *r_filters = *p_filters;
    }

    This is obviously a serious bug. I also think that this function
should be code-reviewed in general because it might have other problems.
If there aren't any objections on this mailing list (for a few days),
then I'll go ahead and file a bug.

-regards,
ss