httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject mod_deflate - disabling per response?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:40:25 GMT
My apologies if this is better done on the user group, but I've been
reading Apache source code and trying to understand the following.

Is there any way to signal mod_deflate that a particular response should
not be deflated when:

   1. the URL of the request is identical to other cases that should be
      deflated,
   2. the MIME type of the response is identical to other cases that
      should be deflated, and
   3. the response is not already compressed/deflated?

Essentially request parameters, data states, Java server logic, etc,
behind mod_jk (or mod_jk2) will dictate whether compression can be
allowed, but I need a way to signal this in my response from Tomcat.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

--
Jess Holle