httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: making filters more efficient
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:19:43 GMT

> If you have a concrete example of something that needs to query the state,
> then we can examine whether it should hook into the processing
> differently. I bet there is a different hook or approach that can avoid a
> query of the state.

I think where stas is headed are cases like ryan's mod_apachecon

  http://rkbloom.net/rbb/mod_apachecon.c

which seems to be to be a valid example - you want to manipulate part of the
HTTP request, such as the request line or incoming headers, and post-read is
too late. but simply scaning input for GET .* HTTP/1.0 isn't sufficient,
since it's not foolproof, so it would be nice to have something that
signaled the start of a request.

--Geoff