httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject un-macho serviceability aid for Unix MPMs
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:34:06 GMT
This checks for a couple of common conditions which prevent core dumps from
being taken and writes a NOTICE message to the error log at startup if the
condition is detected.  BTW, the same code works with 1.3 with very minor
tweaks (remove the apr_status_t parm from ap_log_error IIRC).

If there is positive encouragement, I'll commit to 2.1-dev, but I'd move the
check_dumpable() function to ap_check_dumpable() in mpm_common.c and call it
from all the Unix MPMs.  The current patch is worker-specific.

If there is interest in the patch for 1.3, let me know and I'll post.

It is a bit motherly, but it can be a general educational tool for users and it
also provides some appropriate negative feedback if the user is wondering why
coredumps are not being written.