httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: EOS is not being sent for HEAD requests
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:55:30 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>

>>in 2.0 - Connection output filters don't recieve the EOS bucket when the
>>request method is HEAD. This breaks the idiom of flushing any stored data
>>when the eos bucket is seen. And some filters could be broken because of
>>that.
>

> I believe that is because of broken handlers, which don't send anything if
> they detect HEAD. In 2.0 a handler should not care about GET or HEAD, but send
> all the time its data, so that all the processing (C-L filter etc) works
> properly.

I see that with a non-broken handler which sends the response body
unconditionally. The output I've posted in my original email is all that's
seen by an output connection filter.

Besides, shouldn't the output connection filter see the response data
nevertheless? otherwise how can you calculate a correct C-L when the filter
weren't given a change to change the data, potentially changing its length.

I'm talking about dynamic handlers, not static data here.