httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: mod_deflate vs mod_gzip
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:39:24 GMT

In a message dated 3/30/2004 8:06:52 AM Central Standard Time,
hgomez@apache.org writes:

> Hi to all,
>
> One of my customers is trying to use to an Apache 2.0.47 using mod_deflate.
>
> Its HTTP implementation works with Apache 1.3.x and mod_gzip but
> not with Apache 2.0.47 and mod_deflate.
>
> The PHP gzinflate and gzuncompress were used but without luck
> and even when skipped 10 first chars.
>
> Any help welcome.
>
> A beer to winner.

C'mon, Henri... you know better than that.
That's not enough information for anybody to even guess at the problem.

mod_deflate WORKS... there's no doubt about that.
It might be missing some config stuff to please everybody but
I doubt that it's actually screwing up.

Can you throw us a bone here?

What is this person trying to do?

Yours...