httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move httpd to the subversion repository
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:02:42 GMT
--On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:47 AM +1000 Brian Havard
<brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au> wrote:

> Also, being on a dialup link I currently rsync the cvs repository to a
> local machine & do all my checkout/update/diff/log etc operations from
> there & only commit across the link. Can I do that with subversion or will
> every operation have to go half way around the world?

Subversion does support off-line 'diff' operations (usually the operation
most people do off-line).  log/update/commit still require a network
connection.  However, Subversion also provides much more efficient network
utilization than CVS.  I know that was a prime reason why Xerces-P moved
over to Subversion from CVS as one of the main contributors was behind a
dial-up and couldn't work with CVS but could use Subversion.  -- justin