httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Schalk <werner_sch...@gmx.de>
Subject Global variables in self-written Module for Apache 2
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:36:09 GMT
Hi,

I have written a database-driven module for the Apache 2 on Windows
(mpm_winnt). I am actually creating and storing all data send by the clients
in global variables (within that module) so each client process is able to
access all data globally (not only the data send by him or her) until the
Apache is restarted.

Afterwards I ported this module to Linux and no matter which mpm I use
(worker, prefork or perchild) a client is only able to access the data
submitted by him- or herself and not the global ones. Does anyone know a
trick or way around this, how can I access global variables in an Apache
module on Linux? Is there any way of synchronization between the processes or
threads or do I have to use something like shared memory?

Bye and thanks,
Werner.