httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move httpd to the subversion repository
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:19:12 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:52:49PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> Can we please move this discussion to infrastructure@?
>
> A lot of the points discussed aren't about technical problems of httpd
> moving over, but overall topics concerning our setup.  Most of the
> concerns that have come up are things that people not directly
> involved with Infrastructure are likely never having to deal with.

This discussion is about the version control needs of the HTTPD
Server Project. Please keep the discussion on this list with the
users who will be most affected by the proposed change.

> PKI, integrated with/on top of, Subversion, can be a joint effort
> between the Infrastructure and Security Team.  If a good, practical
> solution can be put together we can start looking how to roll that
> out.

If having a tamper-resistant code repository is a new requirement of
the HTTPD Server Project then we should discuss this in terms of
abstract requirements and not assume a particular implementation.

Keep in mind that although the infrastructure team may be charged
with managing the infrastructure, it shouldn't be pushing projects
to use tools that they don't want to use.

-aaron