httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move httpd to the subversion repository
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:03:46 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:15:26PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 20:39, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 12:02, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > > Disadvantages of moving to subversion:
> > > - Not as portable (?)
> >
> > (Subversion clients/servers run anywhere APR does.  I think that's
> > actually more portable than CVS, since I don't believe CVS pserver runs
> > on win32 at all.)
>
> neon has been the most limiting dependency for a client, I am told.

Mmm, such juicy tempting FUD.  Your anonymous informant should report
portability bugs to neon@webdav.org, rather than spreading gossip, since
I see only a few issues.  Amusingly, last time someone touted the "neon
should use APR" flag, it was for the getaddrinfo issue on HP-UX which it
turns out APR doesn't actually have a fix for still.

APR, n.: not a portability panacea