httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: RewriteCond and SSL environment variables
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:57:22 GMT
BTW, I forgot to mention that RewriteCond with SSL variables work if (1) ssl_hook_Translate
is APR_HOOK_FIRST and (2) ssl_hook_Fixup logic is transferred to ssl_hook_Translate.

I know it's a hack - do you think my config is not setup correctly or is the logic wrong ?

-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathihalli, Madhusudan
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:38 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RewriteCond and SSL environment variables

Hi,
	Question: Can we use the environment variables setup by
mod_ssl in the RewriteCond directive ?

I believe there's some inconsistency there - the SSL
environment variables are setup in the r->subprocess_env during
the hook_fixup phase, where as the RewriteCond
evaluates/expands the environment variables during the
hook_translatename phase (which happens before the hook_fixup).

As a result, the SSL variables don't get expanded on the first
connection - but it happens for subsequent connections !

-Madhu