httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: EOS is not being sent for HEAD requests
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:34:37 GMT
If you have mod_logio configured, this might be its doing. It replaces
the EOS with FLUSH. This is in order to make sure all output is counted
and logged properly for each request.

Here is the code from mod_logio that does that:

static apr_status_t logio_out_filter(ap_filter_t *f,
                                     apr_bucket_brigade *bb) {
    apr_bucket *b = APR_BRIGADE_LAST(bb);

    /* End of data, make sure we flush */
    if (APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS(b)) {
        APR_BRIGADE_INSERT_TAIL(bb,
                                apr_bucket_flush_create(f->c->bucket_alloc));
        APR_BUCKET_REMOVE(b);
        apr_bucket_destroy(b);
    }

    return ap_pass_brigade(f->next, bb);
}

I remember trying without APR_BUCKET_REMOVE/apr_bucket_destroy, but that
kept giving me problems. This was long time ago and I don't remember
exactly what the nature of those problems.

Anyway, may be the culprit...

--
Bojan