httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Time for 1.3.30??
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:14:38 GMT

On Feb 18, 2004, at 6:57 PM, Henning Brauer wrote:
> I have hughe problems with the new license.

Sorry to hear that; a large number of people both inside and outside
of the foundation worked very hard on the new license.  Some of us
are convinced that is a substantial improvement.

> What exactly is the point of replacing the BSD-style old license that
> entirely works off the grounds of copyright law by this new beast that
> requires a bazillion of lawyers to parse and almost certainly goes into
> contract law?

You will find the venue where that work was done here:
     http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=178

That mailing list is the right place to raise your concerns and, I
hope, get
them resolved.

Since this is a decision that we have labored on across the entire
foundation it's just not effective to try and discuss it in this
mailing list.

   - ben