httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: FileSystem v.s. Other Resources [was configurable Location?]
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:52:31 GMT
You hit the nail on the head - Alias (and mod_rewrite) cause us the greatest
grief in fixing this set of issues.  *IF* they all are parsed in the translate name
phase we are fine, since map_to_storage is run after translate_name is done.

If they are not handled up front we have problems (some translations can
occur in the fixup phase, IIRC, which is wrong IMHO.)

The other risk, that we reset filename because we might hit the core handler,
could be much cleaner if we just failed 500 right out of the core handler any
time that dir_walk isn't run against the resource.  I recall some arguments
to that fix in 2.0 - I'd like to force the hand on that issue in 2.2.  Unsetting
the r->filename would become unnecessary in this trivial example.

Bill

At 08:08 AM 2/9/2004, Brian Akins wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>At 04:34 PM 2/6/2004, gregames@apache.org wrote:
>
>>    /* this info-handler won't deal with the filename
>>     * so null the filename to ensure no file is served.
>>     */
>>    r->filename = "";
>>\
>

>What if you have something like:
>
><Location /dynamic-stuff>
>        SetHandler virtual-dynamic-handler
></Location>
>
>Alias /normal/stuff/dyn /dynamic-stuff
>

>How would all this affect this situation?  IE, we would still need to know that /normal/stuff/dyn/1/2/test.html
became /dynamic-stuff/1/2/test.html