httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: adding output filters in quickhandler
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:55:34 GMT
Quick handlers are not for filtering content.  Quick handlers assume
all responsibility for the request, e.g. proxy content servers.  In fact this
particular hook was debated for quite a while (with some believing it was
inherently a bad thing.)

I don't believe that redirects have the opportunity to do a quick handler,
because the quick handler exists to map a request 1:1 to a result.

Bill

At 03:38 PM 1/27/2004, Brian Akins wrote:
>Possible bug:
>
>If I add an output filter in the quickhandler for something like /foo/ and later mod_dir
changes it to /foo/index.html, my output filter is never ran.