httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: 1.x: byte-range with ErrorDocuments returns incorrect status code
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:18:02 GMT

Will Lowe wrote:
> It looks like byte-range requests on non-existant files returns 206
> instead of 404 if ErrorDocument is set.

I was able to verify this - it looks like there's some simple logic in 2.0
that wasn't carried over to 1.3.

so, try this patch.  all the byterange tests in the perl-framework pass with
it, in addition to my own ErrorDocument tests that I used to reproduce the
problem.

if anyone on 1.3 support is paying attention, what's the proper course for
insertion into the stable tree once things are verified - add to STATUS and
wait for reviews/votes?

--Geoff