httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] ap_soak_end_container and argument-less <Block> directives
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 04:36:55 GMT

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> As can be seen with this simple config file:
>
> <IfDefine not-defined>
> <Location>
> </Location>
> </IfDefine>
>
> $> httpd -f broken.conf
> Syntax error on line 1 of broken.conf:
> Expected </Location>> but saw </Location>

<Location> with no arguments is a bug in and of itself and ought to be
fixed.  there was some discussion on this fairly recently

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=107089922728099&w=2

the rest of the thread goes on about how <IfDefine > is a popular hack, and
positions split on whether or not that is a good thing.

my most recent patch is here

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=107111613530796&w=2

which still sits kinda funny with me but at least tries to please everybody :)

so, comments here welcome :)

> It's only a problem with <Blocks> without argument, i.e. <Perl> blocks
> in mod_perl land.

probably ought to be fixed, then :)

{
> +                    cmd_name[strlen(cmd_name) - 1] = '\0';
> +

seems reasonable enough, but one of the more hard-core parser-people ought
to take a look at it too.

--Geoff