httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: FileSystem v.s. Other Resources [was configurable Location?]
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:38:00 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Brian Akins wrote:
>
>><Location /dynamic-stuff>
>>	SetHandler virtual-dynamic-handler
>></Location>
>>
>>Alias /normal/stuff/dyn /dynamic-stuff
>>

>>How would all this affect this situation?  IE, we would still need to
>>know that /normal/stuff/dyn/1/2/test.html became
>>/dynamic-stuff/1/2/test.html
>

> Alias maps URLs to the filesystem.  The second argument must be a
> filesystem path, and should not be mapped against any <Location>.
>
> Joshua.

OK.  So in my example, in the proposed system, I should use Rewrite? So
the alias would become:

RewriteRule /normal/stuff/dyn(.*) /dynamic-stuff/$1

I am agreement with the need to not do uneccesarry stats, but I do'nt
want to have to write my own "alias" style routine...

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer