httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileSystem v.s. Other Resources [was configurable Location?]
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:20:19 GMT
Greg Marr wrote:

>> I'm only changing <Location > ... <Directory > is unaffected.
>

> Well, that's not entirely true.  The <Directory> is affected indirectly,
> because it no longer applies.  The behavior currently is: it applies to
> everything it matches.  This would change it to: it applies to
> everything it matches unless it also matches a <Location>, in which case
> it doesn't apply.

OK, got it.  Thanks for the clear explanation.

This could possibly be handled by checking for overlaps between <Location > and
<Directory > at config time, especially if they are sorted in least-to-most
specific order as wrowe suggests.

But my current favorite idea is Joshua's suggestion for the module to declare
that the content is virtual, pure and simple.  In that case, any such overlaps
are an admin screwup IMO.  GET /server-status/index.html doesn't make any sense
to me even if such a directory exists.

Greg