httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aryeh Katz <ar...@secured-services.com>
Subject frustrating build experience *nix/windows
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:44:38 GMT
I'd like to report a frustrating build experience, that is primarily a
windows issue, but it highlights a 1.3/2.0 change.
In the 1.3 environment I was able to use the --shadow configure option
to use the same source tree for multiple os's. This was quite valuable,
as one source code change was needed for all platforms.
However, the --shadow option is gone in 2.0. That means I had to use
--srcdir to accomplish the same results. All was fine until I came to
windows. Then things blew up. Once I did my windows build, my unix build
started pulling in all sorts of windows defines, despite the fact that
it should have been using the os's include files. I tried to clean it
up, but ended up just having to remove the whole tree, and start all
over again.
And I think I'm not the only one that has this problem. I think everyone
does. That's why there are two source packages, windows and UNIX.
Can someone tell me why the --shadow option was removed?
Aryeh
--
Aryeh Katz
SecureD Services