httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: FreeBSD 4.x and Apache2: worker MPM issue
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 06:03:22 GMT
--On Sunday, February 29, 2004 4:06 PM -0400 "Marc G. Fournier"
<scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> k, if I'm understanding what you are saying, how do you test something
> like that in a way that you can debug it?  What I'm reading is that if I
> sent two queries (GET / and, say, GET /subdir), there is a chance that the
> one that sent GET / will get the results for GET /subdir?

No, that's not quite the problem.  It is:

1. Client requests GET /
2. *nothing happens*
3. Client (same or different) requests GET /subdir/
4. Server responds to GET / request issued in #1 (to the correct client)
5. *nothing happens*
6. Someone requests GET /subdir/foo/ issued in #3
7. Server responds to GET /subdir/ request
8. *nothing happens*
...repeat cycle...

Does this make more sense?  The server won't respond to the first request
until the second request is issued and so on.  We think it's a flaw in how
libc_r implements the pthread condition variables.  But, again, it's been
fixed with the thread library rewrites in 5.2.  -- justin