httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: piped logger fixes and 2.0.49 and Windows
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:46:04 GMT
--On Friday, February 27, 2004 6:01 AM -0500 Jeff Trawick
<trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> Is it reasonable to commit the piped logger stuff without the
> Win32/BeOS/OS/2 support?  I think yes, even though that will result in
> crashing piped loggers not being restarted on those platforms until the
> platform maintainers get a chance to work through the MPM changes.  But if
> anyone is going to consider such a regression a SHOWSTOPPER later for
> getting 2.0.49 out the door, then this would be a bad move.
>
> Thoughts?

How hard would it be to guess what needs to happen in those MPMs?  I bet
OtherBill can quickly look at the Win32 patch and cast the 3rd +1 when he gets
to it.  But, for BeOS and OS/2, can we just put something in if their
maintainers aren't getting to it?  Or is it better to do nothing?  -- justin