httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Apache 2 module hook priorities, was: Help required on Apache from scratch...
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:28:42 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:40:32PM +0100, Henri Gomez wrote:
> Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> >Benedict DSilva wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>Just wanted to know about how does the Apache HTTP Server start, and
> >>all that it does with the modules (Initialization, Configuration etc).
> >

> >Explaining how Apache HTTPD works to the degree of detail you are
> >looking for is a rather tall request to answer in an email. My
> >suggestion is to pick up a copy of Ryan Bloom's Complete Reference to
> >Apache 2.0 then read the code.
>
> Did there is a book for modules writers ?
>
> I'm working on jk2 connector (mod_jk2) and looking for some
> nasty problem (mostly conflict between jk2 and others modules).
>
> Help welcomed ...

Henri,

Getting the priority set correctly for hooks in JK2 is sticky.
You might take a look at what I did setting hook priority in
mod_jk 1.2 so that it would work correctly with mod_dir. My
cvs commit messages might be helpful from
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c .

Here is the page the docs how hook priority works:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/hooks.html

It all comes down to carefully reviewing the hook priority of other
modules and how those modules interact with JK2. Then setting the
hook priorities in JK2.

Regards,

Glenn