httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Brauer <henn...@openbsd.org>
Subject Re: Time for 1.3.30??
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:57:41 GMT
* Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> [2004-02-18 15:45]:
> I'd like to float the idea of releasing 1.3.30 "soonish".
> Not only are there enough changes to warrant a release, but
> also to coincide with the changeover to AL 2.0.

I have hughe problems with the new license.

What exactly is the point of replacing the BSD-style old license that
entirely works off the grounds of copyright law by this new beast that
requires a bazillion of lawyers to parse and almost certainly goes into
contract law?

i will not import any code under the new apache license into openbsd.

if that means we have to fork 1.3.29, then so it be, even though that is
not the option i prefer.

very sad.

hb@bsws.de - henning@openbsd.org
(Dennis Ritchie)