httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GEORGE JOSEPH <leogeorge...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to get plain text responses from Apache and subdirectory contents
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:51:54 GMT
Hi Everybody,

  I am developing a client program which communicates
with the Apache server to download files in its
/var/www/html/media directory.

I wish to get the Index listing of the above mentioned
directory ,in plain text format.Is that possible?What
is the "Accept :" string that should be put in Place
so that i get the server response in plain text.Please
note that the solution I have to implement has to be
on the Client program side with manipulation of the
GET request and the "Accept:" string in the "GET "
request.I index the Server contents by sending the
follwing string

"GET HTTP/1.1 /   Index"
with the other parameters following suite.

Please tell me whether This is the right way to tell
the server to Index its contents.I would also Like to
know whether there is a method of making the server
output the subdirectory contents as well.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
George.