httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GEORGE JOSEPH <leogeorge...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 buildconf
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:29:03 GMT
Hi Everybody,

  I am developing a client program which communicates
with the Apache server to download files in its
/var/www/html/media directory.

I wish to get the Index listing of the above mentioned
directory ,in plain text format.Is that possible?What
is the "Accept :" string that should be put in Place
so that i get the server response in plain text.Please
not that the solution I have to implement has to be on
the Client program side with manipulation of the GET
request and the "Accept:" string in the "GET "
request.I index the Server contents by sending the
follwing string

"GET HTTP/1.1 /   Index"
with the other parameters following suite.

Please tell me whthere This is the right way to tell
the server to Index its contnts.I would also Like to
know whether there is a method of making the server
output the subdirectory contents as well.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
George.