httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chand <m...@mmania.com>
Subject Mod_log_config weird behavior
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:15:05 GMT

Hey guys,

I'd like to tell about some problems i've had lately within mod_log_config. My company wants
to use a certain cookie our product issues throughout a buying process to track our wanna-be-clients
during their surfing to improve our buying process.

I've successfully added the %{Set-Cookie}o statement to my LogFormat directive. But the problem
is that mod_log_config only returns the first Set-Cookie issued by the request.

Do you consider that as a feature or as bug ?

I mean, i may have overlooked something but the code from mod_log_config looks really clear
about this :

static const char *log_header_out(request_rec *r, char *a)
{
    const char *cp = ap_table_get(r->headers_out, a);
    if (!strcasecmp(a, "Content-type") && r->content_type) {
        cp = ap_field_noparam(r->pool, r->content_type);
    }
    if (cp) {
        return cp;
    }
    return ap_table_get(r->err_headers_out, a);
}

This clearly only takes the first header in the r->headers_out table with a particular
name and doesn't bother checking if there are several ones of the same name (which can happen
with Set-Cookie for example).

Can you guys please help me to clear this up ? Is it a bug from Apache, ot is it abnormal
to have several Set-Cookie Headers ?

Thanks for any insight on this particular matter ..

On the other hand, there was a post a few days ago about Regex Backreference in the rewrite
module. That was one of my colleagues asking about a specific in the rewrite engine. We're
quite eager to have an idea about this too ..

Thanks for taking the time to consider us ;)

Best wishes

Later

--
Chand aka Mark Villemade
Systems Engineer Hosting Department

"Stupidity might be their major competence, but the scary thing is that it's definitely not
their major incompetence."
	chand (c), 2003