httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject PACKAGE_* #defines
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:34:42 GMT
I bumped into a little strange side effect of autoconf with Apache 2.0.48. The
header file httpd.h includes ap_config.h, which in turn includes
ap_config_auto.h (on Unix/Linux). Now, this header, ap_config_auto.h has the
definitions of PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc., presumably generated by
autoconf. The are all set to empty strings.

If one is developing an application (e.g. module) using autoconf and wants to
use those same #defines, the compiler will start spewing ugly warnings about all
those being previously defined, which may confuse people that are trying to
compile this application. Is there any real need to actually have those in
ap_config_auto.h? I'm pretty sure they would not be what any application writer
would want to have in his own code...

--
Bojan