httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Atanas Bakalov" <atana...@atlanticsky.com>
Subject Apache + worker MPM problem
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:06:30 GMT
Hello.

I have the following problem.
I have compiled httpd-2.0.48 with the worker MPM.
RedHat 9,2.4.20-28.9 kernel

When I start Apache with "apachectl start" I have one process created , which creates two
childs.

One of these childs creates all my threads, while the other doesn't create anything.

So the problem is that if for some reason my module crashes , the whole process
that have created all that threads is killed , and a new child is created .
That child also creates all the threads again perfectly.

I can see with the help of log lines in my module how I enter initialize_child
function , each time the process who owns all the threads is killed/created.
!!!ap_hook_child_init  (initialize_child,  NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE );

But here is the main problem.If that child is once killed I'm not able to connect to
Apache on 443 anymore.However when I type "fuser -n tcp 443" I can see
that the new child process has succesifully bind that port.

The problem can be reproduced , if I just "kill -9 1234" , where 1234 is the pid of the
process owner of the threads.

Please help !!!

Best Regards,
Atanas Bakalov