httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Jacques Clar" <JJC...@novell.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.48 worker mpm on RH3 NPTL results
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:13:23 GMT
>What did you use for ThreadsPerChild?  The default?
yes we used the default values for the worker threading model.

>I'm very curious to know why prefork is beating worker.  Could you get
a profile
>of the CPU usage for both cases?  I've had good luck with oprofile.  I
had a
>little trouble compiling its kernel module on RH AS 2.1 due to 2.5
kernel
>features that RedHat backported, but you can edit oprofile's
module/compat.h to
>get around that.
I will try to do so in the next few days. I never used any profiling
tools on Linux,
but will like to learn as much as possible in that field.
Since I have to start from scratch, Is oprofile the best one or do you
have any
other suggestions?

Thank you,

JJ