httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: what about 2.1.0 ?????
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:28:11 GMT
At 04:51 PM 1/13/2004, G√ľnter Knauf wrote:

>do you still expect massive changes with APR 1.0 ?

I have the sense that folks want to see:

 * platform neutral apr_poll() that works on apr_file_t's as well, since so many
   daemons and other applications will require this.  Non trivial - but we may
   just end up with a sleep(100 /*ms*/) poll test_files loop.  Or we may have to
   use local socket pairs as the fallback daemon pipe mechanism.

 * completed documentation (Sander Temme has put in alot of effort at cleaning
   up the doxygen results, kudos!)

I'm also feeling that running as-a-daemon should mostly be the effort of APR
itself, so that the issues between normal daemons, Win32 services, and the
odd unix dameon control environments are totally flattened out to be nearly
platform-neutral.

All that said, nothing should stop us from beginning 1.0-alphas (caviat: contents
may settle during shipment) and getting some feedback on this front, too.  But
if these are rolled, I would really feel warmer and fuzzier with calling them APR
0.9.9, or something that will restrict them from ever being used with any app
build for APR 1.0 release.

Bill