httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: new core module mod_version
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:46:11 GMT

> Well, thank you both. If there come no objections, I'll commit it these days
> into modules/metadata.

actually, while I still like the idea, does it make sense to broaden the
scope of the module a bit?  I had started a discussion on <IfThreaded>,
which turned into more of an <IfServerIs ...> idea could ping ap_mpm_query
and other things.  the main objection, IIRC, was that people weren't too
interested in adding more containers to core.

so, if mod_version were to be renamed to something like mod_server_attribute
(ok, too long, but I'm bad with names), then perhaps it could (eventually)
be expanded to hold not only <IfVersion> but whatever other <IfFOO> server
attributes people are intersted in.  I still think that a container which
could demark a threaded server would be valuable, even if the discussion died :)

probably not what you had in mind, though - just a thought.  if you like the
idea, though, I'd commit it as is, just with a different name - no need to
wait on other things first.

--Geoff