httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [1.3 PATCH] a different take on forensics
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:35:59 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>>Anyway +1 (untested) for the core patch.
>>

> +1 (tested) on the core-patch... I'm mulling over whether
> it should be included by default or, at least, runtime configurable :)

personally I would like to see one of those two so that users who are
experiencing a problem that could perhaps be helped with a diagnostic
module don't have to rebuild their server... that's a big showstopper if
you don't build the server yourself

such diagnostic modules don't solve all the world's problems, and
support would lose face very quickly if big hurdles were required to
enable the modules only to get yet more evidence that the problem is so
insidious that all attempts to capture data are fruitless :)

but: see comments from Justin and Cliff when I first proposed this for
the 2.1 tree...  it finally went in (perhaps begrudgingly?) but it is
enabled with --enable-something configure option