httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [1.3 PATCH] a different take on forensics
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:48:46 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> Ben Laurie wrote:
>>
>>> You should make the logged strings safe, like mod_log_forensic does,
>>> and I think the format should be compatible (which means no space
>>> after the colon).
>>

>> Thanks for taking a look!
>>
>> I removed the space after the colon, but at present am not too eager
>> about the escaping of the strings.
>

> Why not?

laziness^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hshort term priorities (for now I'd rather spend
some time in the short term adding footprints to quickly see how far we
got (type checker, fixups, handler, logger?))...  as implied before, no
qualms here on escaping if I see the expected set of users expand beyond
me or people I give direct assistance to

> Anyway +1 (untested) for the core patch.

anyone else lurking?