httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [1.3 PATCH] a different take on forensics
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:00:55 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> See http://www.apache.org/~trawick/exception_hook_13.html
>
> You should make the logged strings safe, like mod_log_forensic does, and
> I think the format should be compatible (which means no space after the
> colon).

Thanks for taking a look!

I removed the space after the colon, but at present am not too eager
about the escaping of the strings.  If for some reason the module would
be seriously considered for committing to cvs, that is a different
ballgame, of course.  Same if for some other reason I get the idea that
folks would actually use it.

What I'd really like to see happen is have the patch to core committed.
  If people are truly interested in having the module(s) put in
experimental, that is cool too though I'm not sure I think that's such a
good idea until/unless it is clear that it will be used by more than a
handful of people (bloat).

BTW, I changed the storage allocation of the "hook" record to use pconf
and to clear the list via a cleanup registered on pconf
(http://www.apache.org/~trawick/13_fatal_exception_patch).