httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt child.c mpm_winnt.c mpm_winnt.h
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:42:05 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Do you know of any cases that actually require mpm_state to be updated
> in ap_signal_parent()?  Setting winnt_mpm_state to AP_MPMQ_STOPPING in
> child main should be sufficient unless I am missing something.

the code in service.c which shuts down the server for other reasons?

AFAICT, not all code in child main that leads to termination will call
ap_signal_parent(), and not all calls to ap_signal_parent() come through
child_main

but...  where will module code be called (pool cleanups, other child
maintenance routines)?  the desire here is for any such code to see
AP_MPMQ_STOPPING...  based on this, maybe it can be set in fewer places
or some common place

(btw, thanks for having a look at this!)