httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: log_error_core escaping change broke things
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:15:47 GMT

André Malo wrote:
> * Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>

>>Though since it really affects any logging it probably should be called
>>UNESCAPED_LOGGING or similar. And probably a similar patch applied to 1.3.
>

> It only affects error logging.

that was my intent.

> What do you mean by any logging?
>
> I can live with it in general (wouldn't make the scratch definition twice).

sorry, that was me trying to make it compile under -Werror with my only
passable C skills :)

> However, is it wise to add a configure option for it?

how do you mean?  I was trying to make it just a compile time option,
similar to -DBIG_SECURITY_HOLE (which seems to me a bigger risk than this).
 do you mean to require users to change a define in the code itself?

--Geoff