httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: Save brigade and buckets
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:30:44 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> ICBW here, but ...
>
> Brigades are created on a pool.  When the pool dies, so does the
> brigade.  Most brigades are created on the Request or Connection
> pool, so die with the request or connection.

So, if I created a bridage like so:

  bb =apr_brigade_create(r->server->pool, r->connection->bucket_alloc);

The brigade would stiil be "functional" after the connection went away?
  IOW, is a brigade dependent upon the buckuet_alloc after the brigade
is created?

> However, that still doesn't help if you want the saved brigade to
> be seen by a subsequent request, because that'll be handled by
> a random server,

For my uses it actually would help alot if I created my own longlived pool.

Thanks.

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer