httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: SSL renegotiation bug
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:24:41 GMT
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 11:26, Joe Orton wrote:

> By doing graceful restarts every few seconds during a large import, I
> could reproduce a hang using ra_dav both over SSL or over plain HTTP to
> a 0.36.0 server running on the localhost, when using DB 4.1.25.  I've
> upgraded to 4.2.52 and I can no longer reproduce the problem.
>
> Were you using DB 4.2.52 too, and could you not reproduce the issue when
> using plain HTTP?

Holy cow, maybe this isn't an SSL problem at all!  I was able to
reproduce the bug doing an import over plain http://... sorry for not
trying that experiment earlier.

It takes 2 or 3 'graceful' attempts, but I definitely get the same hang.

The server is running BDB 4.2.50, svn 0.35.1.

When I point my same client to http://locahost (instead of the server
box) I'm unable to reproduce the hang.  (localhost is running svn 0.36
and BDB 4.2.50.)