httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: SSL renegotiation bug
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:12:20 GMT
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 04:29, Joe Orton wrote:

> > $ sudo strace -p 3850
> > trace: ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL, ...): Operation not permitted
> > detach: ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, ...): Operation not permitted
>
> Ah, add "CoreDumpDirectory /tmp" to your httpd.conf and make sure you're
> running the latest errata kernel so that ptrace works properly...

Criminy, I'm testing on a server where I don't really have the ability
to upgrade the kernel.  It's a redhat 7.2 machine running kernel
2.4.20.  I added the CoreDumpDirectory directive, but 'strace' still
doesn't work correctly.

> I have now managed to reproduce hangs a couple of times here,

What exactly was your reproduction recipe?  Same as mine?  Start an
import over SSL and then 'graceful' the server?

>  only using
> db-4.1.25 on the server: the child was sat eating CPU, either doing no
> syscalls or doing:
>
> futex(0xbf58b1b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> futex(0xbf58b1b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> futex(0xbf58b1b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> futex(0xbf58b1b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> futex(0xbf58b1b0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
>
> ...which could be a db4 issue.  Is that consistent with what you're
> seeing with 4.2.52?

I'm pretty ignorant about strace-y things.  Why do you think this output
is relevant to BDB?

I wonder if the next step is to simply try reproducing the bug by
running client and server both on my local box? (It's a RH9 box with the
latest 2.4.20 kernel.)