httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: SSL renegotiation bug
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:35:34 GMT
Sorry to be so slow in getting back to you, Joe.  I'm still desperately
looking for a clue on this SSL "hang" that happens when I run 'apachectl
graceful'.

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 15:51, Joe Orton wrote:

> > The client is hanging on a select() call:
>
> What's the server doing?

Hm, I can't seem to figure it out, having bad luck with strace on the
server:

$ sudo netstat -pt
[...]
tcp 3066 0 dev37.spdev.colla:https 10.3.0.6:37848 ESTABLISHED 3850/
tcp 4179 0 dev37.spdev.colla:https 10.3.0.6:37786 CLOSE_WAIT  3446/
[...]

$ sudo strace -p 3850
trace: ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL, ...): Operation not permitted
detach: ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, ...): Operation not permitted

$ sudo strace -p 3446
trace: ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL, ...): Operation not permitted
detach: ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, ...): Operation not permitted

??

> > >  The neon debug log output might also help.
> >
> > Okay, I set neon-debug-mask=130, and attached the last output leading up
> > to the hang.  See below.
>
> OK, it just looks like the server has hung whilst processing the PUT
> request.
>
> If you apply the attached, graceful won't have the timeout errors which
> might ease testing.

I applied the one-lien patch to apache, and still don't see anything
particularly telling in either the neon debug log or apache's errorlog.
Do you see anything?  I still have no more clues about this bug than I
did when I first noticed it a week ago.

See attached log output.