httpd-dev mailing list archives

From matt...@bellsouth.net
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.28 SEGFAULTS and doesn't produce a core file
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:43:35 GMT
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > FWIW, it segfaults on a jsp request...  I suppose that this is handled
> > by a third party module such as mod_jk?  See the final snippet:
>
> I was reminded by a little bird that you had mentioned in your original message
> that you were using the WebLogic plug-in.  Maybe some hints here will help you
> get a core dump, but regardless:  If you're using a commercially supported
> product and that product was likely doing something around the time of the
> crash (which seems likely), make sure you report it to them.  They can at least

I have had a case open with BEA since the issue started. They don't think (based
on a large strace I sent in) that the SEGFAULTS are occuring within their module.
Once I startup apache as the user "apache," I should be able to get a stack trace
to see what's making Apache angry. I also plan to strip all modules but the following:

LoadModule config_log_module  libexec/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_module        libexec/mod_mime.so
LoadModule dir_module         libexec/mod_dir.so
LoadModule access_module      libexec/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module        libexec/mod_auth.so

ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_auth.c
AddModule mod_so.c

I will also need to add the weblogic and auth_ldap modules to the mix

> make sure you have their latest and greatest code, and if you're lucky even
> verify that there was some known issue that could explain the crashes.  Another

I have the latest source build.

> general debug technique that applies here: If you can verify that a crash only
> occurs for requests handled by that plug-in, that is more information they can
> use as well.

Thanks for the feedback.