httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: new ETag supression/weakening API
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:16:27 GMT
hi again...

ok, I think I've worked out all the issues - attached is a new patch with
logic (and spelling :) errors hopefully worked out.  also included is a
patch against the perl-framework for testing if you so choose.

one of the issues that needed working out was dealing with multiple ETag
headers.  my original idea was to have ap_weaken_etag guarantee that ETag
headers would be weak.  with ETag headers entering err_headers_out via a
third party, there exists the possibility that the server would send
multiple ETag headers for a single request.  while I'm not sure if this is
actually legal, I can't find anything that says it isn't.  so, the header
table is iterated and all ETag headers adjusted.  oh, and if there is an
easier way to alter table entries with multi-valued keys other than creating
a temporary table, I'm all ears.

anyway, thanks for your patience in reviewing.  all told it's more logic
than I wanted or expected but it's probably valuable nonetheless, even if it
requires more work.

--Geoff