httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: filtering huge request bodies (like 650MB files)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:14:58 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Ian Holsman wrote:
>

>>do the server's reply to you have a content-length header?
>>if so .. this is probably what is holding up the request in the server.
>

> Yah, I was going to guess it was probably the C-L filter.  But I thought
> we had logic in the C-L filter to avoid buffering "too much".

No, there is no C-L header. The complete filter looks like so:

sub handler {
	# Get the filter object

	# Only done on the FIRST pass of the filter
	unless($f->ctx)
	{
		$f->r->headers_out->unset('Content-Length');
	}

	return Apache::DECLINED;

} # handler

Apache::DECLINED tells modperl to just call pass_brigade unmodified.